Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blooming Rose School



The above photograph is supposed to be of students at Blooming Rose School in Crittenden County and was given to my mother not long before her death. No date is given, but it is believed that my grandmother, Nettie C. Vaughn (1897 - 1958), was about 14 or 15 years old at the time. It struck me how much my mother looked like her mother and how much I resemble both of them. Note how it seems as if each person is lost in his own thoughts, including the two little faces looking out the window. A moment in time captured forever.

The persons are identified thusly:
Back Row: Claud Belt, Harry Johnson, Kenny Clark, unknown
Front Row: unknown, unknown, Nettie (Vaughn) Croft [my grandmother], Hollis Franklin, teacher who later became President of Farmers Bank, Florence (Clark) Suits, Eva (Croft) Belt.

Published 23 Nov 2008, Western Kentucky Genealogy Blog,  http://wkygenealogy.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Jo Ann said...

Brenda, I have some family that was from Livingston Co.and I have a great aunt thats name was Nettie Vaughn she was my grand fathers sister and his name was Joe Vaughn of marion and I think there were about 10 of his brothers and sisters.