Saturday, February 27, 2010

Surname Saturday - Wolstenholme

Copyright by Brenda Joyce Jerome, CG
May not be copied without written consent

Some time ago I told you about the mystery of my Wolstenholme family of Tennessee. I've been sorting and filing old photos and files and found this photo of Elizabeth Wolstenholme, also known as "Aunt Bet." The same day, while searching Find A Grave,, one of my favorite sites, I came across photos of the tombstones for both Elizabeth (1846-1932) and her brother, Henry, in Oakwood Cemetery, Gibson County, Tennessee. So, on this sunny Saturday, I would like to pay tribute to Aunt Bet Wolstenhome, sister of my great-grandmother, Mary Ann Wolstenholme Smith. Thanks to the internet and people I have met here, my knowledge of the Wolstenholme family has increased greatly.

No comments: