Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - Hattie B. and William O. Boos


Boos
Hattie B.  
   Aug. 8, 1883    
   Jan. 1, 1938    

William O.
        Feb. 9, 1873         
 June 24, 1933

Buried Koe Cemetery, Livingston County, Kentucky. Photographed and submitted by Marty K. Hodge of Marion, Kentucky.

Hattie Belle Boos was the daughter of Marion Holloway and Maria Martin. William Boos was born in Illinois and was the son of George O. Boos and Mary Blatter, who married 24 March 1859 Pope County, Illinois.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hattie's mother Mariah had a sister named Rachel, who was the first wife of my 3rd great grandfather, Alexander Smith. I know I'm not related to the Martins, but I've been researching them hoping to find some additional information about Alex. I have little information on him...mainly just marriages & census records 1850-1880 so I'm trying to find where he came from, his parents and where & when he died. Through his first marriage he had 3 children...Abraham (named after Mariah & Rachel's father?), Henry & Julia. Julia was born the same year Rachel died (guessing childbirth) and was living with her aunts Mariah & Catherine & grandparents Abraham W & Nancy H Dobbins Martin. I have tracked Henry down but can't find anything about Abraham or Julia.
Thanks for posting the picture. Hoping some small tidbit of info will open up information for me about my Smiths.

Brenda Joyce Jerome said...

Good luck in your search.