Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday - John Lamb




John Lamb
Died
Mar. 24 1848
in the 46 yr of
his Age


Buried in the John Lamb Cemetery, on private property off Green’s Chapel Road in Crittenden County, not far from the Union County line. Photographed November 1991.

Also buried here is Medora J. Lamb, daughter of J.M. and J.E. Lamb, Oct. 24, 1857 - Dec. 19, 1862. There are a number of graves marked by sandstones.

John Lamb married Mary “Polly” Wilson, daughter of Robert and Priscilla Wilson, 5 April 1824 Livingston County, Kentucky. John and Polly Lamb lived on Heath Mountain in the Bells Mines area. The following children are named in the will of John Lamb (recorded in Crittenden County Will Book 1, page 22): James M. Lamb, Samuel B. Lamb, John W. Lamb, George W. Lamb, Mary M. Lamb and Prescilla S. Perkins. Executors of John Lamb’s will were his brothers, William and David Lamb. Polly Lamb died after 1863 and may also be buried in the John Lamb Cemetery.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

In researching my G-Grandfather
D.A. Flanary I have found the Lamb name. I am not sure why.
Have you run into any Flanarys in your research?

Brenda Joyce Jerome said...

The Flanary family certainly played a role in the development of the county. I have not personally researched the family, but have bumped into them now and then. I am not a Lamb descendant.

BJ said...

Hi Ms Jerome, I am looking for a genealogist who could do some research in and around Breckinridge, KY. I know that is not where you live or probably cover but I want someone who is familiar with KY. The names are Marlow and Huff. My Great Great grandfather, William David Marlow was born in Breckinridge County, KY. In conducting my research with DNA, I have discovered that he matches the surname Huff. I have contacted matches in Prestonsburg, KY who believe that my GGgrandfather is indeed a Huff. I have some ideas and leads but I need a reliable gene. By the way, you covered the Lamb family, Longshore and John for dedication memorials, Longshore Lamb is my direct relative.

So, if you would consider conducting some research for me, please advise. Thank you. BJ Marlow, born and bred in the Mississippi Delta. Currently living in the state of Virginia.

Brenda Joyce Jerome said...

Hi BJ. I have retired from research for others. This is a link to a list of researchers registered with the KY Dept for Libraries and Archives. https://kdla.ky.gov/researchers/Pages /profresearchers.aspx

I am pleased to meet a descendant of Longshore Lamb. I have attended a couple of their reunions in Caldwell County, KY. They are a fine bunch of folks.

Good luck in your search.