Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy 101 Award


Cathy Palm of In Deeds and Linda McCauley of Documenting the Details both nominated the Western Kentucky Genealogy Blog for the Happy 101 Award - Thanks!

By accepting this award, I am supposed to name 10 things that make me happy. Since this is a genealogy blog, my 10 things will deal with genealogy.



1. Finding the surname of that female ancestor after many years.
2. Meeting a cousin who is researching one of my families.
3. Receiving a new genealogy book on my area of western Kentucky.
4. Receiving a photograph of an ancestor who, until now, had been faceless.
5. Hearing my children repeat a family story I told them when they were young. Yea! They were listening!
6. Having 3 days for non-stop research at the state archives.
7. Having someone to share my genealogy finds with.
8. Hearing someone say, "Thank you for your help."
9. Finding that elusive marriage record in a neighboring county.
10. Finding a new clue while re-reading research notes of years ago.

I am also supposed to pass the award along to 10 blogs. Ummm. This will require some thought.

No comments: